By 2050, the world population will be 9 billion people.
- How would you feed them?
What was the world population when you were born?
It’s your State, Country, World … How would you help feed it?
About the Minnesota Youth Institute
The Minnesota Youth Institute engages high school students in solving local and global hunger issues. The interactive, day-long program brings teens from across the state to the University of Minnesota for an immersive science experience and an opportunity to connect with research and industry leaders. MNYI serves as a gateway to the World Food Prize Symposium and global travel, paid internships while still in high school, and a scholarship to the University of Minnesota.
Why should you participate?
You would be solving local and global hunger issues.
- Receive $1000 Scholarship to CFANS
- Participate in the GYI and World Food Prize
- Get paid internships
- Research internships at UMN while you’re still in high school
- USDA-funded Wallace-Carver internships when you get to college
- Fully-paid Borlaug-Ruan international internships