Who can be a mentor?
- Teachers or Staff at the student's school
- Guardians/Family members
- Community members
- Anyone who is a trusted adult over 18 years old
Share the MNYI!
Teachers and Mentors are welcome to share any documents released by the MNYI to promote the event, such as the flyer (great for newsletters!) and Global Challenge Packet. Use the MNYI 2022 Media Kit to find formatted blurbs, important links, and photos to begin spreading the word!
- Teacher/Mentor Expectations & FAQs
- MNYI 2022 Flyer
- Global Challenge Packet (step-by-step paper instructions)
Research Paper Resources
- Resources to support your student's research and writing
- General Sample Paper
- List of Participant Papers from 2005-Present
- Paper Rubric
- Writing Webinar Slides
- Connect with an MNYI Ambassador to learn more! Receive paper feedback before the event in May and have your questions answered by MNYI alumni.
MNYI Event 2022
The Minnesota Youth Institute event will be held in-person on May 16, 2022.
At the event, students will present their research paper findings to experts in small roundtable discussions. Each group will usually have 6-8 students and 2-3 experts. Each student will have three minutes to present their solution followed by three minutes of Q&A. This is an opportunity for students to share their ideas with experts from across the state, learn from their peers, network, and have a great time! The general MNYI agenda can be referenced to provide an idea of the event schedule.
- Presentation Rubric
- Event Prep + Roundtable Presentation Webinar Slides (see webinar recording below)
- Example Roundtable Presentation from MNYI Alum
MNYI Event Webinar covering the basic structure of the roundtable discussions and event reminders